Everyone has had the travel blues, me included. Not being able to travel has really ruined my social life, LOL. I work, sleep, write and TRAVEL. So without travel you can see how boring life can become.
However, I broke out last week and spent some much needed time in Nags Head, on the Outer Banks of NC. It's a beautiful place. Very low traffic, private beach access, wild horses, and the fresh air is healing (See my blog about Nags Head from last year for more about. Nags Head).
Today, lets talk about what you can expect while traveling. Most hotels have re-opened but here is what you need to know before you go:
1. Most hotels are not providing room service or in-room housekeeping during your stay.
2. You will need to collect your own trash & dirty towels and place them outside your door for collection. The front desk or housekeeping will provide clean towels, you will have to pick up or grab off cart if seen near your room.
4. Be prepared to wait for the elevator as some will say they are practicing social distancing.
5. If a hotel offers breakfast, it will be grab and go & full of carbs. They are not allowed to serve hot breakfast for now.
My Travel Suggestions:
1. Take a cooler and plan your meals - I lived off fresh fruit, tuna and turkey the week.
2. Drink plenty of water & take a daily vitamin.
3. Wash your hands often.
4. Wipe down all hard surfaces in your hotel or airbnb before unpacking (I did this pre pandemic).
5. Spray fabric furniture with lysol or ask for a extra sheet to cover fabric seating. Always check bed for bedbugs.
6. If you have questions prior to travel call the hotel and ask questions so you know what to expect.
7. Just enjoy yourself.
Welcome to my travel blog. I feel blessed to share my travel experiences and travel tips. Travel is fun, healing and inspiring. My suggestion, plan your life around your travel...Cheers.