California is all about the vibes. Most travelers fall in love no matter where they find themselves. But there is something different about Cali. The people and energy is relax and chill. There is so much to do and depending on how long you plan to stay you won't be able to do it all. Planning is defiantly a must before you get to LA. Planning your trip will save you time and money. Trust me on this, OK!
So let me tell you...This trip was special for several reasons. One, it was my birthday! I promised myself I was going to travel to LA and that is exactly what I did. My good friend Reggie met me there and we had a great time. I am so glad we did LA together. There are so many things you should know but I'm going to give you the tea about the most important tips you need to know before you travel to LA.
LA Travel Tips:
1. Plan to rent a car - LA is not like most large cities with a robust metro system. It will literally take you all day and night to figure out the bus/train and nothing is close to anything. And most attractions are 30 to 60 minutes apart.
2. Budget $1500 for expenses: Gas, parking fees, entry fees, food...all adds up. If you like to shop, budget more. You can travel with less spending money, but...this should be your goal if you want to have a great time.
3. Make sure you have a valid ID and major credit card: mostly for the car rental, but you never know what could happen. Make sure your ID is not CRACKED or the car rental company will not accept it.
4. Book restaurant reservations IN ADVANCE - Going to LA expecting a table at popular restaurants IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Trust me, we learned the hard way.
5. Take the 5 Hour Bus Tours- It's a great way to see a lot of LA in one afternoon. You ride more than anything, but you hit some of the hot spots without having to drive.
6. Wear comfortable shoes: If you plan to see the Hollywood sign up close, you will have to hike! Be prepared. I was not and let's just say, my Hollywood pic was not up close LOL.
7. If you plan to visit the beach, take a beach chair or blanket.
So, these are the major takeaways for LA Travel. Going back is on my list. LA has to be one of my favorite places, it even trumps NY; who knew that was possible? Not me!
Cheers to your next adventure. No matter where life finds you, remember to embrace it!
Welcome to my travel blog. I feel blessed to share my travel experiences and travel tips. Travel is fun, healing and inspiring. My suggestion, plan your life around your travel...Cheers.